Rant


"Aaron, I do want to move in with you, I do. But, I think it's only fair to tell
you a few things first."

"Oh, is that so? Some skeletons in your closet, love?" Aaron looked at Sam with
a smile.

"Aaron, I'm serious. You need to know. You know when I've spent the night at
your house? Well, I have to tell you, I was trying my best then. But, if we
lived together, well, I think I might slip some."

Aaron looked at Sam, frowning. "Sam, if we live together then it's your house
as much as mine. If you feel like you have to be on your best behavior, then
you're correct, you shouldn't move in. Sam, I want you, not some constrained
version of you."

Sam started talking, very quickly. "But, Aaron, you should know some things.
Sometimes I am really grumpy, especially in the mornings. I don't like
cleaning up the dinner dishes right away, I often leave them to the next
morning. My sneakers, stink, bad, really bad. Sometimes my breath does too.
I'm terrible in the garden, my thumb is so not green, it's purple. I never
clean the hairs out of the shower drain. Aaron, I have about seven pair of pink
underwear, because I'm terrible at laundry. I leave my tennis gear lying in the
hallway sometimes. When I can't find my keys, I go around the house cussing and
.."

"SAMUEL!!" Aaron broke off Sam's rant with a shout.

"What?"

"Hush."

No comments:

Post a Comment